The hall, which was constructed in 1927, underwent a major refurbishment in 2004.
This brought it up to the standards expected of a modern community center.
Incremental improvements have resulted in a very high specification hall which allows wheelchair access to all the function rooms and toilet facilities.
Wi-Fi was installed in 2014.
The trustees have pursued a renewable energy policy overseeing the installation of air sourced heat pumps to all major function rooms, supported by photovoltaic roof panels and the recent installation of a Biomass boiler.
There is a dedicated parking area adjacent to the hall with capacity for 20 vehicles. At the rear of the hall there is an enclosed children’s play area equipped with climbing frames, swings and slides with access via a part glazed door to the Tarran Room.